Using DbSchema you may start a project design from scratch ( with or without database ) or reverse engineer
existing schema from the database.
Interact with the schema via diagrams ( also called layouts
Layouts advantages :
- Multiple layouts can be created, each focused on different part of the schema.
- Table, columns and foreign keys can be edited directly in the layout by double-click
- Layouts are saved to project file
- Data and SQL tools are opened as editors inside the layout
- Tree Pane shows the project and schema structure, tables, etc.
- Layouts are diagrams with SQL and Data tools :
- Diagram Perspective
- SQL Preview shows the SQLs generated in Query Builder
- SQL History shows the executed queries
- Interactive Layouts
- Interact with the schema: edit tables, columns and foreign keys directly in the layout.
- Forms and Reports
- Great forms and reports engine, with support for HTML, JavaFx and PDF.
- Relational Data Browse
- Powerful data explorer over multiple tables at a time, following the foreign keys between tables.
Data can be deleted, added or edited.
- Query Builder
- Visual tool can write complex queries using INNER, OUTER, EXISTS joins, filters and group by clauses.
- SQL Editor
- DbSchema includes a powerful SQL editor, with syntax highlight, auto complete and automatic query
Queries can be executed one by one or as a script. The query execution plan can be generated.
- Schema Synchronization
- DbSchema stores the schema in its own database project. The project can be reopened without connecting to the database.
You can connect to one or multiple databases and synchronize the schema with any of them.
Synchronizing the schema means to compare the schema definition and merge the differences in the database or in
the DbSchema project.
- Compatibility with all SQL relational databases
- DbSchema connects to any relational databases using JDBC drivers.
This are a industry standard, provided by most of the databases.
Schema can be converted between databases.
- Schema Documentation
- Schema documentation can be generated as :
- PDF document
- HTML5 web interactive graphic image
- Printed paper